Check in the Mirror
Following are 6 things that you should check in the mirror for as you are gracefully greying.
1. Look at your eyes. If they are yellowing this could signal liver problems such as Hepatitis
- Check your eyelids. Drooping eyelids can indicate Bell’s palsy or worse, a stroke.
- Check your lips. If they are cracked or dry this could mean a Vitamin B deficiency.
- How are your teeth? Acid reflux erosion can narrow or shorten your teeth.
- Look at your tongue. If your tongue is white this could be oral thrush which is common in denture wearers. If your tongue looks black and fuzzy this suggests an infection. Call your doctor at once.
- Study your entire face. If there are dry or discolored patches, or changing moles, this
can be a signal of skin cancer. Contact a dermatologist at once.
These are just some tips for all of us who are gracefully greying.
About the Author
Henry Gornbein is a partner with the full service law firm of Lippitt O’Keefe Gornbein, PLLC in Birmingham, Michigan. He is a specialist in all areas of family law and is a certified family law mediator.
He is the author of the book, “Divorce Demystified, Everything You Need To Know Before You File For Divorce” and is currently co-writing with Jack Haynes, PhD, the book “Child Custody Demystified, The Ultimate Guide To The Custody Of Your Children.” He is a frequent blogger and lecturer on all aspects of family law as well as issues involving the impact of social media and what is legal in the digital world in divorce. He is a former chairperson of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, a former president of the Michigan Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and winner of the Professionalism Award from the Oakland County Bar Association.
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact info@NewRadioMedia.com for details.
Gracefully Greying explores aging issues that are as inevitable as death and taxes. If you are over 50 – or have parents over 50 – this show is for you! We’ll help you navigate the many challenges of aging. Each show will focus on a single topic, such as, financial issues, legal issues, medical issues and psychological issues, with a guest who is an expert in that field.
Leave a Comment